Elaine J. W. Stanovsky
Meet the new bishop of the Denver Episcopal Area
of The United Methodist Church
From her web site:
Each generation is called to carry the gospel to a new generation. I believe the United Methodist Church is poised to engage a multi-cultural, globally conscious generation in the West with the good news of Jesus Christ. Our Wesleyan heritage offers rich resources for this mission in our region:
- enthusiasm for sharing the grace and love of Jesus Christ
- passion for ministry with poor and marginalized people
- love of knowledge and of the natural world
- confidence in the power of the Holy Spirit to transform and make new
- a “catholic spirit” of fellowship with anyone whose “heart is as my heart”
- educated clergy in partnership with empowered laity
- a lay movement of small groups, where seekers become disciples
Since my youth God has called and empowered me for ministries of renewal and oversight. I continue to say “yes” to God’s claim on my life.
I love the church that nurtured and ordained me. I yearn and work for the church God calls us to become.
(Photos from the special edition of TableTalk)