For more comprehensive information about Health Benefits, please visit the General Board of Pension & Health Benefits website.

    Health Premium Rates

    Medical -- United Health Care (UHC)

    If your zip code is within 30 miles of 1 in-network hospital and 2 in-network primary care physicians, then you are considered in-area. Otherwise, you are considered OOA (out-of-area).

    Pharmacy -- Catamaran

    Vision Service Plan -- VSP


      MRAs (FSA and DCA) -- Managed by WageWorks

      United Behavioral Health (UBH)

      Wellness Programs/Guidelines

      HealthFlex provides comprehensive wellness programs and incentives to encourage plan participants to know their health risks and take action to manage or improve them.

      oneexchange - formerly Extend Health


      OneExchange Website

      OneExchange Summary Brochure

      OneExchange HRA (PDF)

      Virgin HealthMiles for OneExchange Participants (PDF)

      OneExchange FAQs

      NEW! Experience Choice - Fall Newsletter

      ExperienceChoice Spring Newsletter

      Important Information for Retirees Regarding OneExchange:

      • No HealthFlex premium payments or deductions from pension checks
      • Conference will provide a monthly stipend (HRA) to retirees which will be deposited in a tax advantaged (tax free) Health Reimbursement Account to be used for medical related expenses such as premiums, co-pays and deductibles. (Any money not used in one calendar year automatically rolls over for future year use). You must work through OneExchange for your supplemental to receive the HRA.
      • The Conference Board of Pension & Health will review the monthly stipend (HRA) every 2 years. The current amounts are as follows:

      $1,800/year - Retired eligible participants with 20 or more years of Pre-82 service.
      $1,200/year - Retired eligible participants with less than 20 years of Pre-82 service.

      • With the assistance and support of Licensed Benefit Advisors at OneExchange, retirees can purchase a health plan most suited to their individual needs and, in general, at a lower cost.
      • Your Board has established a “safety net” fund to assist with unanticipated “outlier” medical costs incurred by retirees.

        Affordable Care Act

        The General Board has developed guidelines to help HealthFlex plan sponsors and other United Methodist Church (UMC) employers comply with various reporting requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA, also known as federal health care reform) and other Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidance. These documents are available on the General Board’s health care reform webpage.

        Sections 6055 and 6056 Reporting-NEW!

        Section 6055 Reporting—Minimal Essential Coverage (IRS Forms 1095-B and 1094-B)

        Section 6055 reporting focuses on the “individual mandate” that requires most U.S. citizens and legal resident aliens to maintain health coverage or pay a penalty. The General Board will complete Section 6055 reporting for coverage administered by HealthFlex.

        Section 6056 Reporting—Employer-Provided Health Insurance (IRS Forms 1095-C and 1094-C)

        Section 6056 reporting focuses on the “employer mandate” that requires applicable large employers (i.e., those with 50 or more full-time and full-time equivalent employees) to offer affordable health coverage or pay a penalty. HealthFlex plan sponsors that are applicable large employers must complete Section 6056 reporting. Section 6056 reporting does not apply to smaller employers.

        Please note: The Employer Shared Responsibility Toolkit on the health care reform webpage provides detailed information to help annual conferences, churches and other UMC employers determine whether they are “applicable large employers” under ACA guidelines.

        Please direct any questions about Section 6055, Section 6056 and W-2 reporting to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Check the health care reform webpage for future updates

        W-2 Reporting-NEW!

        Church treasurers and other payroll administrators must report health savings account (HSA) and dependent care flexible spending account (dependent care FSA) contributions on IRS W-2 forms provided to employees. See IRS W-2 Reporting Responsibilities for Employers for reporting guidelines that may be helpful for local church treasurers and payroll administrators

        These documents summarize key features of the ACA that may affect you as a clergy person or lay employee of The United Methodist Church (UMC).

        Link to the General Board of Pension and Health to read the most up to date communication regarding the ACA:

        making Online Payments for Health Benefits


        You now have the option to make Online Payments through the Prosper website. The direct link to Prosper is If you do not have your Prosper Username and/or Password, please contact Julie Booth at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or 303-325-7049.

        Search the Site

        Quick Links