'Be Still and Know' young adult retreat held Jan. 16 to 18
Photo courtesy Rev. Debra Juarez
Young adults fellowship, explore spirituality at winter retreat
The winter young adult retreat "Be Still and Know" in January at John Wesley Ranch was a big success. Twelve young adults from around Colorado gathered for a weekend of reflection and community. There was lots of outdoor fun – tubing and hiking – along with some time for indoor relaxation with cards, games and lots of talking.
Rev. Diane Bell led the group through a process of discovering their spiritual type. Do you know God best through your head or your heart? Are you a mystic? The group expressed a range of spiritual types.
Campus and College Ministries
College is in full swing across the Rocky Mountain Conference and campus ministers are ready to welcome your students on campus. Most colleges and universities do not provide student contact information to campus ministries. Youth leaders, Sunday school teachers, family and friends - we need your help. The only way campus ministers can welcome your students is if you forward their information to us. We look forward to an amazing academic year!
Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministries
Mission Statement and Board Purpose
The mission of campus ministry of The Rocky Mountain Conference of the United Methodist Church is to nurture the faith development of students, faculty, and other Christians and all who seek God with a sincere heart. We seek to serve the spiritual needs of the campus community by:
Fostering an understanding and awareness of a God who is loving, merciful, and forgiving.
- by building a community of faith and service
- by forming partnerships with the church
- by offering opportunities for prayer, reception of Sacraments, faith development and retreats
- by committing to build a more just and peaceful society through service
- by providing spiritual guidance through listening, counseling, and reconciliation where needed or requested
- create a just living environment in which all members are responsible agents of justice and peace
- a campus ministry should provide a safe place for students to explore their own religious doubts and beliefs.
- develop discipleship and leadership for future clergy and lay leaders.
The Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry is the arm of the Rocky Mountain Conference charged with the promotion of programs and activities that deliver the message of Jesus Christ on the various college and university campuses located throughout the Conference. To this end, it is the role of the Board to support a variety of programmatic efforts, services, and/or activities aimed at enriching the faith journey of the unique clientele of students attending each of these institutions.
Rocky Mountain Conference Campus Ministries
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
FORT LEWIS COLLEGE